Saturday, January 30, 2010

Chapter Seven: Goals

I enjoyed this chapter a bit more although I still find the material difficult to understand at times. I think the overall chapter concept is that the more time you spend in the early stages of project developement, the better chance you have for success. You should thoroughly understand your client (the business), their customers, and the data you'll write about. Looking at user scenarios (use cases) is a good way of assuring that the user's needs are being met. An interesting point the author made, which I totally agree with, is that information needs to be conveyed in an entertaining manner. No matter how good the information is, if a writer cannot keep the user's attention, the information will not be read and is therefore useless.

1 comment:

  1. I also think Chapter 7 was an easier read...maybe we are just getting used to his style of writing! Ha. I do understand the process of gaining knowledge about your clients and their users. It's ironic that you (and the author) point out how important the it is to make the text entertaining, as I think most of us agree the author of this text is not living up to that ideal.

    ReplyDelete