Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Chapter Eleven: T. Rowe Price

This chapter deals with the redesign T. Rowe Price's website. I found the chapter interesting because I will be redesigning a website for my class-project. The designers were challenged because they needed to make changes without losing a portion of their audience. I like how they changed the content organization from product centered to user centered. This enabled their customers to get to information without navigating through stuff they were not interested in. I also learned the difference between custominzation (user picks the content) and personalization (software program creates unique content for users). I liked that the designers made the site changable without programming too.

1 comment:

  1. The distinction between customization and personalization is definitely an interesting one. I also thought that it was important that the designers couldn't make too many drastic changes all at once or, like you said, they would lose a portion of their audience. This chapter was very much about keeping the users in mind throughout the entire process of designing (or redesigning) a website.

    ReplyDelete